So, each week I want to blog about my goals for the week and how well (or some weeks, how not-quite-so-well) I’ve progressed toward making them happen. This week, I admittedly haven’t been the most responsible. Okay, fine, I’ve been downright slacking. Clean the kitty box? I’ll get it tomorrow.. Fold the laundry? Ugh, do I have to..?
I haven’t exactly done myself proud, this week. Not to mention that my No Spend Challenge has been a monumental failure over the first three days, thanks to my horrific lack of self-control.
On the bright side, I’ll have a ton of planner unboxing and kit reveal posts coming up in the next few weeks..
Each week, I’m going to look at my goals and rate my progress throughout the week from 1 to 5.
My progress for this week (even though the week isn’t technically over yet..)—
- Building Habits: This is to track good habits that I’m trying to maintain, like taking vitamins everyday, getting up at 6:30am and going to bed before 11:00pm each night, etc. I did fairly well this week, although my progress crashed a little on Wednesday when I slept in until 8am, and stayed up until midnight.
- No Spend February: I started this challenge on February 3rd, and I’ve really only had one good day so far– and it was sort of a fluke since I didn’t exactly have any money to spend even if I’d wanted to. To be brutally honest, as soon as I told myself, “that’s it, NO more spending or shopping!” my brain panicked and went into shopping overdrive like every store was going out of business tomorrow … Apparently I don’t do so great with hard limits. I’m still not giving up, even though my progress so far has been more like anti-progress (pretty sure I’m even closer to being broke now than I was when I started..) But I’m going to keep trying, and hopefully find some kind of compromise with my inner child who feels like their ice cream just got taken away forever. Sigh.
- Health: This is where I keep track of healthy habits like sticking to a weekly meal plan, my personal resolution of not drinking soda, walking to work at least three times a week, and drinking more water each day. I did really well this week, except for Wednesday, which seems like it was just a failure of a day all around. I caved and had chick-fil-a with a root beer (my absolute favorite) for dinner, in addition to staying up too late and not walking to work (although in my defense, it was raining..)
- Housework: Okay, I have been incredibly lazy this week and I can’t even attempt to pretend otherwise. Justin has picked up the slack on a lot of the housework this week, and I am incredibly grateful. But still– I need to get my shit together and get back to being more productive around the house.
- Reading: I started the week reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, and ended up adding both of them to my “did not finish” pile (which is something that I almost never do, since to me it feels like a cardinal sin of reading..) For whatever reason, I just wasn’t enjoying either book; neither of them were doing it for me. I’m not sure if I was just in the mood to be reading something different or if I honestly didn’t like the books, but whatever the reason was, I decided to re-shelve them both and move on to my next book pick for February, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury– which is one of my most beloved books of all-time, and always worth a reread.
- Planning: I shared my weekly planner layout on my blog yesterday, and I’m really in love with how it turned out. I had a great week for planning, and having so many cute accessories for February made it super easy to prettify my planner this week. Like I said earlier, I don’t always take the time to decorate my planner, and I wish I did more often– sometimes I fall into a rut of jotting checklists and to-do’s down in a hurry, and I’m left with a mess of hastily scrawled notes to sift through. Adding washi tape and stickers and little touches of planner flair makes my planner a crafty hobby that I enjoy working on, instead of just another boring, functional life tool.
I may post another update on Sunday to round out the week, and hopefully I’ll have made some progress in the areas where I’ve fallen short this week. ❤️
P.S. If you want to download a copy of my Weekly Goal Progress chart to use, you can find it here.