Highlights of my Day
- I woke up at 5:15am, cleaned the craft room & kitchen, then worked on my planner. Yesterday my mildliner pastel highlighters arrived from amazon, and I’m kind of in love with them.
- I went into work early at 7:30am instead of 8:30am to get a productive start on my day. I work for a non-profit organization as part of our (three person) management team, and as Membership Coordinator I’m in charge of processing membership renewals, answering inquiries, updating our member database, mailing annual invoices, and about a thousand other responsibilities catering to our membership. Since the start of the new year I’ve been undertaking the task of printing, folding, stamping, and mailing literally thousands of membership renewal invoices– it sounds tedious, but it’s weirdly zen for me; I can let my mind wander as I’m working, and it usually wanders back here to my blog..
- I had my first counseling session this morning, which was a very promising start on my path to healing from my divorce, and handling my bipolar/depression/anxiety. Even though it was only the first session, I immediately clicked with my therapist and I think I’m going to like her a lot.
- After work, Justin & I went grocery shopping to pick up the items on our weekly meal plan list. We came home and I cooked manicotti & parmesan zucchini for dinner (and it was delicious!)
- At the grocery, I picked up a few splurge items for me. I’ve really been wanting to change up my makeup routine lately, but I’m not a super girly-girl that’s awesome at hair & beauty– if anything, my beauty routine is tremendously boring. I picked up a few bright, shimmery colors to shake things up a bit.
- At the suggestion of a blogger friend of mine, I’m trying out the Birchbox monthly beauty kit, and I’m excited to see what my February box will feature.
- I’ve been in an unfailingly cheerful mood today, which has made it so much easier to be productive both at work and at home.
- I received my first Etsy order since reopening my shop last Friday! I’m so excited– I had forgotten how much I love that “cha-ching!” notification from the Etsy app. I’ve already gotten everything packaged and ready to ship first thing tomorrow morning!
That pretty much sums up all of the best parts of my day– I’m planning to go to bed early tonight to try to make up for my four-hour sleep average recently. I’ll undoubtedly be back up at 5:30am tomorrow, preparing for another (hopefully amazing) day. ❤️
How was your day today? Tell me all about it below in the comments, or find me on Twitter (@merricataddams). ❤️